It's a big day when you get to collaborate with one of your photography mentors. I met Brett Florens 6 years ago and have attended numerous talks and workshops he's presented over the years.
In 2017 I attended his 3-day wedding workshop and without knowing it at the time, the concept for Creative Consultant was born. by offering to assist with the practical elements of his next Cape Town workshop.
For Brett's 2018 Cape Town workshop we approached it with the following roadmap:
- Target market analysis - who will be attending and what do they require for their portfolio
- Theme - create shoots that showcase fresh content and is market relevant
- Mood board - a visual roadmap and reference guide for all the collaborators
- Collaborators - liaising with local service providers that best suit the theme and will also be good contacts for the attendees for future collaborations.
- Models - fresh faces that are also representative of the clients our attendees would target with marketing
- On-site assistance - making sure that everything runs smoothly and that Brett can focus on the attendees.
We were truly happy with the outcome of the workshop and as always it's incredible to bring a concept to life and see the images that people capture.
With every every collaboration, the team will determine the success. For this workshop we wanted to build a team based in Somerset West, where the workshop was being hosted and execute the theme with their flair to make it unique and industry relevant. Thank you to the our team who made this concept a reality:
Hair and Makeup Artist - Anchor and Rose
Evening gown and wedding attire - Alana van Heerden
Furniture - A Create
Installations and floral elements - Paradiso Flowers
Venue - Lourensford Estate
Concept & Production - Creative Consultant